upload error results server

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IceBlu

IceBlu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

Hello, first time NovaBench Forum Poster here, and this is bascially the jist of my problem if someone can help out. =]

I was performing a NovaBench with version 3.0.3 because of a recent driver update, none the less, after receiving a better score then my previous one, I attempted to upload it to NovaBench's Website, it informed me I needed to update to NovaBench 3.0.4 first before being able to upload my score, and I did.

So I saved my score as a NovaBench file so I could open it in the updated version and upload it to my profile and everyones happy....Except when I opened my file in the newer version and clicked "Share These Results Online", I got this error.

I just don't know if the NovaBench Server is down, or if it's the updated version, but if anyone could shed some light on this situation, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Posted Image

Thx & Best Regards,
Blu
chrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gifchrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gif
chrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gifchrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gif

chrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gifchrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gifchrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gif

Edited by IceBlu, 08 August 2011 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Nathan

Nathan

Developer

• Admin
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

Scores from version 3.0.3 and earlier can't be submitted to the server anymore, even when opened with the latest version of the software. You'll have to run the test again using version 3.0.4 if you want to submit it.
Nathan Lapierre | Novawave Inc. | Follow me Posted Image
NovaBench Score

#3 IceBlu

IceBlu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Scores from version 3.0.3 and earlier can't be submitted to the server anymore, even when opened with the latest version of the software. You'll have to run the test again using version 3.0.4 if you want to submit it.

Thanks for the quick reply Nathan, appreciate it, but unfortunately I tried that too, still the same error message when running NovaBench 3.0.4 with the re-ran tests, tried to upload a score, and i receive the same message.

Posted Image

I also un-installed and re-installed it NovaBench

Im using a HP DV7TQE Laptop
i7-2820
8GB RAM
AMD 6770M GFX
Windows Ult. Ed. x64

I checked windows firewall and it wasn't listed nor do i even have it turned on. I don't know if my specs are going to help but just in case i thought I'd stick them in here.

EDIT: I looked at the change log for 3.0.4 and noticed that it said "Score submissions are now done over SSL ", Could that be my problem? Just a thought because I really am itching to upload my new score!

Thx,
Blu

chrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gifchrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gifchrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gif

Edited by IceBlu, 09 August 2011 - 03:36 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Nathan

Nathan

Developer

• Admin
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Oh, I didn't read your error message at first and assumed it was another one. SSL may be the problem. Can you access https://novabench.com/profile without an error in Internet Explorer?
NovaBench Score

#5 IceBlu

IceBlu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Oh, I didn't read your error message at first and assumed it was another one. SSL may be the problem. Can you access https://novabench.com/profile without an error in Internet Explorer?

Sorry about that, i didn't upload it correctly, but Yes I am able to Nathan, both in IE and Firefox. I also updated my desktop to the new version of NovaBench and results uploaded fine, unfortunately my laptop is still giving me that error. Firefox is my default browser tho, i'm not sure if that matters or not, but i thought id mention it just in case.

Anything else you could need please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Nathan,
Blu

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 IceBlu

IceBlu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

Is this happening to anyone else? I don't know if its a service not running, or just something stupid, but the previous version uploaded my scores perfectly fine! I just can't wrap my brain around what I can do.

Anyone with any idea's, I'm to the point where i will try ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance,
Blu
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Nathan

Nathan

Developer

• Admin
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Can you try running this, to make sure your .NET is up to date: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=17851

If that doesn't work, I'll send you a modified version of the program, to see if that works.
NovaBench Score

#8 IceBlu

IceBlu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

Can you try running this, to make sure your .NET is up to date: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=17851

If that doesn't work, I'll send you a modified version of the program, to see if that works.

Nathan,

I uninstalled NovaBench, I already had .NET up to date, but just in case I re-downloaded it, and repaired it, then re-installed Novabench and unfortunately still not luck. :unsure:

Thank you for your all your effort and support, hopefully the modified version works. :smile:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 EspGtx

EspGtx

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:29 AM

got the same error

#10 IceBlu

IceBlu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

got the same error

Well at least i'm not alone now, Curious EspGtx, What version windows are you running?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 EspGtx

EspGtx

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

win 7

#12 IceBlu

IceBlu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:36 AM

win 7

I got it to upload my results! Try this,

Open MSCONFIG, start-> search programs and files-> type "msconfig"

In MSCONFIG go to tools-> Internet Options-> Launch

In Internet options click the "Connections" tab. At the bottom click "LAN Settings", if anything is checked, un-check them. I had "Use proxy server for LAN" Checked. Un-checked it, opened NovaBench and Bam! Results opened in firefox and I was able to upload them!

So just to make sure that was the problem, i re-checked "Use proxy server for LAN", re-opened NovaBench and tried to submit a different score and same error. Went back, Un-Checked it again, and it worked flawlessly.

Hope this fixes your problem, please let me know if it helps you.

Best Regards,
-Blu
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users